We take your privacy very seriously and urge you to read this policy as it contains details regarding:
- who we are;
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and;
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
What User Data We Process
When you use our website, we may collect and process the following data:
- Your IP address.
- Your contact details such as name, location, username, and email address.
- Other information such as interests, which other websites you visited through our website and preferences.
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers.
- Relevant data concerning your online behaviour on the way you use our website.
The website servers may collect the IP address of your computer in order to use this information to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, clicks to other websites or just generally to better understand the technical issues you are facing with either your software or hardware etc. We use this information to determine use of the website, and to improve its content.
Please note that we will never ask or collect any passwords you may have in connection to our website.
Failure to Provide Proper Information
You acknowledge that if you provide any inaccurate information or fail to update information promptly at least within seven (7) days of any change, you will be in material breach of this Policy, which will be sufficient cause for termination of your account. You will, therefore, be unable to use the services provided by us. This will constitute misleading a buyer or seller on our website, which is unacceptable by GenSpec.
We request you to provide us with accurate and complete information about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting us. This obligation is a condition to the provision of our services to you and/or any other person authorized or permitted by you or your organization/company to use the services.
We do not intentionally collect personal data from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
The Reasons We Collect And Process Your Data
We are processing, using, and collecting your data for the following various purposes and reasons:
- To more accurately comprehend your needs.
- To enhance and make our services and products substantially better.
- For hiring purposes
- To send you promotional emails with the relevant details that we believe you will think are intriguing.
- To let you know that from time to time we would like for you to submit optional surveys for us to conduct some market research.
- To personalise our website with regard to your online behaviour depending on what you would enjoy more of.
- For potential marketing or advertising rationales.
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity.
We store personal data associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. If you close your account, we will delete your account data within 90 days. We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our website. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. Therefore, cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you do not have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it is their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies do not allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
GenSpec is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We take data theft very seriously and we are taking substantial measures to prevent data theft or anything else that infringes and violates your personal data and information.
Any of your personal information that may result from the use of the Website will be kept by the Provider, in accordance with relevant regulations and could be used for advertising purposes. For potential users in European nations and in accordance with the GDPR, which is an EU regulation, we will ensure that the use of your personal data is fair, lawful, accurate, not excessive, and not used for longer than necessary. Additionally, you are hereby informed that we will use and process your personal data.
Links to Other Websites
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
In the event that you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal data. You can do this by acting in the following way:
- When you are filling the forms on the website, ensure to check whether there is a box which you can leave unchecked, if you do not wish to provide us with your personal data.
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, you can always email us, and we will certainly allow you to make the relevant adjustments you would like.
Contact Us – How to Complain
+44 (0)7565 139297 or
GenSpec Ltd, The Old Dairy, Highland Court Farm, Bridge, Canterbury CT4 5HW
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Last Updated: June 2021