GenSpec is looking for a part-time Marketing & Sales Lead to enter a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. This role is ideal for a confident self-starter with a background in marketing who will help with a dual-role project that includes lead generation and relationship building with local businesses.
GenSpec offers consulting services that require lead generation – one part of your project will involve all stages of this process from prospecting through to conversion. In addition, we are in the process of building our own platform that will aid businesses to reach their customers. On this side, your project will involve dialogue and relationship building with local businesses, as well as autonomy to develop a marketing strategy towards the end users, i.e. local residents, students and tourists.
We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic Marketing & Social Media Intern to join our close-knit team to work on a project on a part-time basis.
Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer, you will properly qualify potential leads to determine the best offering GenSpec can provide for them. Increasing engagement, you will attract new clients and brands to our business.
This role is based in Canterbury, Kent but will be expected to be done remotely.
- Work closely with Operations to support our expanding customer base
- Working on our sales pipeline, following up on inbound customer inquiries & prospecting for new business
- Creating content for GenSpec social media and website, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter
- Performance monitoring and analysis (using reports and dashboards primarily in Hubspot) of all marketing channels, working on short and long term actions for improvement in collaboration with HOM
- Create posts, videos, and showcase GenSpec’s client’s testimonials.
- Creating video tutorials of our service offerings
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1-year of relevant experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record of performance in prior roles
- Strong desire to self-teach and research new platforms
- Unwavering desire to exceed weekly targets
- Proven success presenting a value proposition
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Solutions oriented approach to problem-solving
This is a part time project based opportunity open only to students or graduates of University of Kent; total timeline 70-108 hours & paying £1,000 in total.