GenSpec is pioneering the UK’s first city app that guides travellers and residents around cities, encouraging tourism and discovery. But more than that, the app will act as a localised micro-targeting tool for businesses. We are helping small businesses connect with their potential customers who are in the city, in real time. By blending the best of technology and a personal human connection, GenSpec is transforming the experience of how we travel and interact with cities in the UK.
GenSpec is looking for someone with a passion for delivering technical solutions. You will join a development team, working on a part-time basis in a fast-paced environment. Your assigned project will help deliver an application that will assist small businesses and increase tourism in cities in the UK.
You will find:
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are celebrated and encouraged
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Opportunities to grow and assist your professional development
- A culture that challenges the status quo in the current ever-changing environment
What you will bring to GenSpec:
- Proven experience with developing React Native mobile apps
- Experience with using RESTful api’s
- Experience in UI development in a mobile environment
- Experience debugging and maintaining React Native software
- Experience with unit test frameworks
- Experience with github
- Working knowledge of geo location
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Drive and attitude to succeed working from home
Nice to haves:
- Experience bringing apps to the app store
- Taking ownership of the project from start to finish.
- Participating in cross-functional teams that develop product roadmaps
- Collaborate with design, UX/UI, QA, API development and other mobile development
- Estimating and developing software based on user stories, wireframes and designs
- Developing and maintaining unit tests and automated acceptance tests
- Providing feedback on progress against the assigned tickets at sprint reviews
- Delivering apps to QA and addressing any feedback
- Distributing Android and iOS apps via the Play Store and App Store
This is a part time project based opportunity open only to students or graduates of University of Kent; total timeline 70-108 hours & paying £1,000 in total.
There are 2 positions available.